Proximis Is Hiring A Web Developer | Feb 25, 2018
link to PDF version here
JOB POSTING: Website Developer at Proximis Digital｜Vancouver, BC
Posting Date: February 25, 2018
WHO WE ARE
Proximis Digital Inc. is a communications and advertising agency located in downtown Vancouver, BC. Now in our fourth year of business, we are a national leader in delivering high-impact campaigns to support issues, organizations, and brands.
As of February 2018, we have a core staff of 6, and several additional partners on various files.
Visit us online at: www.proximis.ca.
WHO YOU ARE
We are seeking a website developer to join our growing agency full-time or part-time at our office in downtown Vancouver. This position will augment our existing web development team.
We are open to candidates seeking either part time or full-time employment.
Work will be performed at our office at located at 1588-789 West Pender St. We are open to considering scenarios where a small amount of the work is performed remotely.
Applications received from candidates outside of the Vancouver area will not be considered.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
Proximis is an exciting agency – young, innovative, and independent. Now in our fourth year, we have our own way of doing things, and it gets results.
The major of our clients are in the public affairs sector, and no two engagements are the same.
New ideas and experimentation are encouraged here. Collaboration is mandatory. Fun is expected. And the recent addition of in-house video capacity has given us an edge.
Our new 1,000-square foot office looks out over the Vancouver Harbour and North Shore mountains. We like it here and we think you will too.
• Build websites on the Wordpress Platform
• Build websites on the Nationbuilder Platform (Nationbuilder sites are edited in Liquid. See more information here: http://nationbuilder.com/liquid_basics).
• Work with our graphics, video, and motion graphics team to develop memorable and cutting-edge sites
• Support the Account Leads and Principal in delivering winning strategies and results for our clients
• Ensure best practices in SEO, UX, UI, and overall client experience
Website Architecture and Security
• Develop website architecture plans for clients based on their needs
• Take a security-first and risk-mitigation approach to every task
• Respect client confidentiality as requested, and ensure that technical solutions meet the desired level of security and privacy for each client project
• Ensure the security of all web platforms we work on, including client and internal assets
• Website statistics reporting
• Assist with the preparation of pitches, proposals, and other business development needs
• May be asked to assist with content creation & social media
• Assist with the execution of online advertising campaigns on Facebook, Google Adwords, and other platforms
• Be willing to learn new programming languages as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Team Player ｜Attention to detail ｜Good with numbers｜Ability to solve problems｜Strategic
1. Demonstrated ability to build beautiful, secure, modern sites on the Wordpress platform
o Build using theme/template tools in some cases, in order to facilitate ease of updates to websites and to build quickly when needed
o Develop using raw code when to needed to solve challenges not supported in a theme
2. Demonstrated ability to build on the Nationbuilder platform **OR** present a viable plan to learn quickly
3. Experience developing on other platforms will be an asset
Experience & Compensation
The successful candidate is likely to have at least 3 years of website development experience, but the most important things are proof that you can do the job, and a willingness to learn what you don’t know.
Compensation will be dependent on level of experience. Expected compensation will be discussed with candidates who are selected for an interview.
• Full-time or part-time position
• This is a position as an employee of Proximis Digital Inc.
• Work on location in downtown Vancouver office
• Reports to: Account Leads, Principal
• Compensation: commensurate with experience and competitive within industry. If we think you are the right fit, we will make you a competitive offer.
• Only applications that contain a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work will be considered
• Please send application to email@example.com
• Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted
• There is no set closing date, but we are hoping to fill this position as quickly as possible